Healthy buffalo chicken pizza? Yep! Pizza is one of my favorite cheat meals. I allow myself to have a cheat meal (something high in fat and deliciousness) once a week. During the week I like to stick to a clean and healthy diet which is why I love finding ways to make my favorite cheat meals into healthier versions that still make me feel like I am eating the real thing.
I found a really easy and simple buffalo chicken crock pot recipe on Natalie Hodson’s blog and decided to throw it on a Flat Out Flat Bread and make a pizza. I created a delicious and guilt free pizza! I am going to attempt buffalo chicken wraps or a buffalo chicken salad next.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 16 oz organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 4 Flat Out whole wheat flat-bread
- 1 can organic pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Add chicken, garlic and broth to crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken easily shreds with fork.
- Shred chicken and drain broth expect for 1/2 cup. Add Frank’s Buffalo sauce to the chicken and remaining broth and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put Flat Out whole wheat flat-bread on a cookie sheet and cook those alone for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer flat-bread with pizza sauce, buffalo chicken and mozzarella cheese.
- Place pizzas in oven for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and eat up! 🙂