Asparagus is packed with nutrients and is beneficial when added to any type of diet. Asparagus is an excellent source of fiber and vitamins A, C, E and K. Asparagus helps rid the body of excess salts and is packed with antioxidants. Are you looking to relieve yourself from bloating and retained water weight? Add asparagus to your diet and you will see why this vegetable is a key ingredient to any healthy and balanced diet.
Let’s face it asparagus is not everyone’s go to vegetable. The good thing about asparagus is that there are so many ways to cook it and change it up. You can chop it up and throw it in a stir fry, bake it with your favorite seasonings, or add it to your favorite casserole. This recipe is my favorite way to prepare asparagus. Parmesan Crusted Asparagus compliments any dish. This healthy and nutrient packed side dish will keep you wanting more.
Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
Total time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings (8-10 stalks per serving)
- 1 large bundle of asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and cut the hard ends off of asparagus.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Place washed and cut asparagus onto baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil evenly over asparagus. Follow with 1-2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness.