Fall is here and what’s better than enjoying a nice stack of pancakes on a chilly morning? This morning I decided to try pumpkin protein pancakes and they came out delicious! These protein pancakes had just the right amount of pumpkin flavor.
This recipe yields 3 pancakes which will serve one so multiply the ingredients as needed. I enjoyed my pumpkin protein pancakes with a 90 calorie Pumpkin Spiced Latte that I found on Natalie Hodson’s blog.
The key to perfect protein pancakes is allowing the batter to set for 5 minutes before you pour batter into hot skillet. I always spray a large skillet with cooking spray after I blend my batter and allow the skillet to heat up on medium heat while I let my batter set for a few minutes. I flip my pancakes when I start to see bubbles form, this usually takes 2-3 minutes.
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yields: 3 pancakes (1 serving)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup 100% pumpkin pure
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to a magic bullet or blender and blend until batter is smooth. Let batter set for 5 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium.
- After the batter is set and your pan is hot, pour batter onto pan (makes 3 pancakes) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles appear.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup and enjoy!