Eating chicken for most of my meals can get old. I like to try and change up my meals by adding different spices or pairing it with different sides. I found this recipe on Little B’s Healthy Habits. It has a sweet and spicy combination and pairs well with brown rice and a side salad. It seems like an odd mix but I promise it is delicious!
Spicy Orange & Maple Chicken
Total time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken, cut in half length wise and then cut into strips
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce (could sub with 1 tbsp of adobo powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper on chicken and add to skillet.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add orange juice, syrup, and adobo sauce to pan and bring to a slight boil.
- Return chicken to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve chicken over a bed of brown rice with sauce spooned on top.