I was looking for a meal to make for dinner when I found a fish taco recipe similar to this. I changed a few things to make it a healthy recipe and I was happy with how good it came out! The nectarine avocado salsa is delicious and compliments the fish and zesty “sour cream” nicely. These are full of flavor without the added fat and oil.
Healthy Mahi Mahi Tacos
* You will want to prepare the salsa first before you start anything else as this should chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
Nectarine Avocado Salsa Ingredients:
• 2 cups finely diced nectarines (2 to 3)
• 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup minced red onion
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 avocado, diced
1. Combine first 8 ingredients; cover and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in diced avocado.
Zesty “Sour Cream” Ingredients:
• 1 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 tsp hot sauce
• ¼ tsp kosher salt
1. Stir all ingredients. Serve slightly chilled.
Mahi Mahi Taco Ingredients:
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 4 (4-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
• 8 corn tortillas
• Cooking spray
1. Combine first 6 ingredients, and sprinkle over all surfaces of the fish. Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat on medium. Add fish to pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side until fish becomes opaque and begins to flake. Remove fish, and break into chunks.
2. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray, and heat in pan for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
3. Fill each tortilla with fish and top with nectarine salsa and zesty “sour cream”. Serve immediately.