I eat chicken at least once a day and I make chicken for dinner 3-4 nights a week. I am always trying to look for ways to make it different to keep my taste buds excited for another chicken dinner. This recipe takes 15 minutes so it’s a perfect week night dinner.
The honey and balsamic vinegar mixed together creates a sweet and tangy sauce that is good on everything. Whenever I make this dish I usually end up dinner my sides in the sauce as well. I had this last night with roasted red potatoes and steamed carrots and the sauce complimented the whole meal.
Honey Balsamic Chicken
Total time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 lb thinly sliced skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with thyme.
- Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until no longer pink inside. I use thinly sliced chicken for this recipe because it cooks quickly. If you are using thick chicken breast the cooking time will vary.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Combine honey and balsamic vinegar to the hot skillet and increase heat to medium high.
- Bring the sauce to a slight boil, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and serve.