During the week I try to keep my meals quick and simple. After a long work day and going to the gym the last thing I want to do is be in the kitchen cooking dinner for a while. I whipped up this tasty burrito bowl last night, it was the perfect week night dinner for my boyfriend and I .
This dish reminds me of Chipotle’s Burrito Bowls (one of my favorites), however, Chipotle’s menu items can have a lot of sodium and extra oils. If you’re looking for an easy and healthy dinner give a Skirt Steak Burrito Bowl a try!
Skirt Steak Burrito Bowl
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: 3-4 servings
- 1 lb skirt steak, cubed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can of black beans, reduced sodium
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked or boil in a bag
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium. Season beans with garlic powder and onion powder, begin to heat in a medium skillet. Begin cooking rice or heating cooked rice.
- Add chopped steak to hot skillet, season with Mrs. Dash and lime juice. Cook steak until desired doneness.
- Add chopped cilantro to cooked rice and stir well.
- Add rice, black beans, and steak to a bowl. Top with desired toppings; plain greek yogurt, cheese, avocado, hot sauce, salsa, etc.
- Eat up and enjoy!