I wanted to change up my usual lean burgers last night and decided to try making healthy teriyaki chicken burgers. They came out so moist and full of flavor. The best part… it only took 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish! This is a great option for a busy week night meal because it has minimal ingredients and leaves little mess to clean up.
If you’re looking to change up dinner tonight while keeping things simple and healthy, give this recipe a try!
Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Dash Sweet Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium.
- Combine ground chicken, Mrs. Dash, salt, pepper, and oats. Mix well and form into 4-5 patties.
- Add patties to heated skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Serve on whole wheat buns and enjoy 🙂
My boyfriend decided to make us dinner last night and whipped up these tasty little greek burgers. He found this recipe on Betty Crocker and we changed a few things to make it a healthy meal. I am a big fan of greek food and I love tzatziki sauce. I never thought about making my own sauce but it was really easy! This recipe was a nice change from our usual burgers and it was a fairly simple meal to prepare.
Greek Pita Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb lean grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, (thawed) squeezed to drain
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Grain Pocket Breads
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, torn in half
- Place shredded cucumber in clean dish towel; squeeze to remove any excess liquid. In small bowl, mix cucumber and remaining sauce ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix all burger ingredients except pocket bread, tomatoes, and lettuce. Shape into 5 patties. Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
- Spoon 2 tbsp sauce on bottom half of each pocket bread. Top with burger, tomato and lettuce. Serve with a side salad or a vegetable. Enjoy 🙂
I was looking for a meal to make for dinner when I found a fish taco recipe similar to this. I changed a few things to make it a healthy recipe and I was happy with how good it came out! The nectarine avocado salsa is delicious and compliments the fish and zesty “sour cream” nicely. These are full of flavor without the added fat and oil.
Healthy Mahi Mahi Tacos
* You will want to prepare the salsa first before you start anything else as this should chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
Nectarine Avocado Salsa Ingredients:
• 2 cups finely diced nectarines (2 to 3)
• 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup minced red onion
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 avocado, diced
1. Combine first 8 ingredients; cover and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in diced avocado.
Zesty “Sour Cream” Ingredients:
• 1 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 tsp hot sauce
• ¼ tsp kosher salt
1. Stir all ingredients. Serve slightly chilled.
Mahi Mahi Taco Ingredients:
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 4 (4-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
• 8 corn tortillas
• Cooking spray
1. Combine first 6 ingredients, and sprinkle over all surfaces of the fish. Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat on medium. Add fish to pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side until fish becomes opaque and begins to flake. Remove fish, and break into chunks.
2. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray, and heat in pan for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
3. Fill each tortilla with fish and top with nectarine salsa and zesty “sour cream”. Serve immediately.
Healthy buffalo chicken pizza? Yep! Pizza is one of my favorite cheat meals. I allow myself to have a cheat meal (something high in fat and deliciousness) once a week. During the week I like to stick to a clean and healthy diet which is why I love finding ways to make my favorite cheat meals into healthier versions that still make me feel like I am eating the real thing.
I found a really easy and simple buffalo chicken crock pot recipe on Natalie Hodson’s blog and decided to throw it on a Flat Out Flat Bread and make a pizza. I created a delicious and guilt free pizza! I am going to attempt buffalo chicken wraps or a buffalo chicken salad next.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 16 oz organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 4 Flat Out whole wheat flat-bread
- 1 can organic pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Add chicken, garlic and broth to crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken easily shreds with fork.
- Shred chicken and drain broth expect for 1/2 cup. Add Frank’s Buffalo sauce to the chicken and remaining broth and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put Flat Out whole wheat flat-bread on a cookie sheet and cook those alone for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer flat-bread with pizza sauce, buffalo chicken and mozzarella cheese.
- Place pizzas in oven for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and eat up! 🙂