I wanted to change up my usual lean burgers last night and decided to try making healthy teriyaki chicken burgers. They came out so moist and full of flavor. The best part… it only took 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish! This is a great option for a busy week night meal because it has minimal ingredients and leaves little mess to clean up.
If you’re looking to change up dinner tonight while keeping things simple and healthy, give this recipe a try!
Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Dash Sweet Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium.
- Combine ground chicken, Mrs. Dash, salt, pepper, and oats. Mix well and form into 4-5 patties.
- Add patties to heated skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Serve on whole wheat buns and enjoy 🙂
My boyfriend decided to make us dinner last night and whipped up these tasty little greek burgers. He found this recipe on Betty Crocker and we changed a few things to make it a healthy meal. I am a big fan of greek food and I love tzatziki sauce. I never thought about making my own sauce but it was really easy! This recipe was a nice change from our usual burgers and it was a fairly simple meal to prepare.
Greek Pita Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb lean grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, (thawed) squeezed to drain
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Grain Pocket Breads
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, torn in half
- Place shredded cucumber in clean dish towel; squeeze to remove any excess liquid. In small bowl, mix cucumber and remaining sauce ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix all burger ingredients except pocket bread, tomatoes, and lettuce. Shape into 5 patties. Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
- Spoon 2 tbsp sauce on bottom half of each pocket bread. Top with burger, tomato and lettuce. Serve with a side salad or a vegetable. Enjoy 🙂
I wanted to change up my protein pancakes this morning and was craving something sweet so I decided to whip up some Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes. These protein pancakes were full of flavor and tamed my sweet tooth all while providing a nutritious breakfast to start my day off right. Try these protein packed pancakes for your next breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- Add all ingredients, expect for chocolate chips, to a magic bullet or blender and blend until batter is smooth. Add 1 tbsp chocolate chips and let batter set for 5 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium.
- After the batter sets and your pan is hot, pour batter onto pan (makes 3-4 pancakes) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles appear.
- Drizzle with 100% pure all natural maple syrup. Enjoy! 🙂
I was looking for a meal to make for dinner when I found a fish taco recipe similar to this. I changed a few things to make it a healthy recipe and I was happy with how good it came out! The nectarine avocado salsa is delicious and compliments the fish and zesty “sour cream” nicely. These are full of flavor without the added fat and oil.
Healthy Mahi Mahi Tacos
* You will want to prepare the salsa first before you start anything else as this should chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
Nectarine Avocado Salsa Ingredients:
• 2 cups finely diced nectarines (2 to 3)
• 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup minced red onion
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 avocado, diced
1. Combine first 8 ingredients; cover and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in diced avocado.
Zesty “Sour Cream” Ingredients:
• 1 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 tsp hot sauce
• ¼ tsp kosher salt
1. Stir all ingredients. Serve slightly chilled.
Mahi Mahi Taco Ingredients:
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 4 (4-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
• 8 corn tortillas
• Cooking spray
1. Combine first 6 ingredients, and sprinkle over all surfaces of the fish. Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat on medium. Add fish to pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side until fish becomes opaque and begins to flake. Remove fish, and break into chunks.
2. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray, and heat in pan for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
3. Fill each tortilla with fish and top with nectarine salsa and zesty “sour cream”. Serve immediately.